• The Dow went up 0.98%. The S&P 500 gained 1.06% and the Nasdaq rose 0.66%.
• Meta Platforms (Symbol: META) — Meta Platforms’ shares closed down 0.8% following news that it’s cutting its hiring plans for engineers as it prepares for a potential downturn. CEO Mark Zuckerberg said “one of the worst downturns we’ve seen in recent history” is ahead, according to a recording heard by Reuters.
• FedEx (Symbol: FDX) — FedEx shares dropped 1.4% after Berenberg downgraded the transportation stock and cut its price target, citing rising inflation pressures ahead.
• Intel (Symbol: INTC) — Semiconductor stocks declined Friday with shares of Intel falling roughly 3%. Intel delayed plans to start constructing chip factories in Ohio this month, as it waits for Congress to pass legislation giving a boost to the U.S. semiconductor industry.
• Coupang (Symbol: COUP) — Coupang soared 18% after Credit Suisse upgraded shares of the South Korean e-commerce company to “outperform” from “neutral.”
During Premarket hours today (Tuesday – 05.07.2022):
The Dow went down0.48%. The S&P 500 sored 0.47% and the Nasdaq decreased by 0.66%.
• Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) – Tesla delivered 254,695 vehicles during the second quarter, down 17.9% from the first quarter and below what analysts had predicted. China’s Covid-19 shutdowns were a key factor in holding back production. Tesla fell 1% in premarket trading.
• Crocs (Symbol: CROX) – Crocs jumped 2.4% in premarket action after the casual shoe maker’s stock was upgraded to “buy” from “hold” at Loop Capital.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance.